Thursday 1 April 2010

Time to taper

According to the latest training schedule I've just received from Runner's World magazine, the coming week marks the end of the toughest phase of training and the start of 'tapering' - i.e. easing down before the Big Day. 'The hard yards are behind you', they say - 'now it's time to ease up and give your body the chance to recuperate.'

Sounds good, especially as my legs still feel awful after Sunday's run. The advice is now to give my body 'a chance to recover after months of hard work', with the aim of 'feeling healthy, strong and raring to race.'

The downside is that the RW schedule reckons I should be doing 40 miles over the next week. 40 miles? Can't see me getting anywhere near that, the way I feel at the moment. Hey ho, tomorrow's another day ...

1 comment:

  1. At least you've been getting out there and running. You're an experienced runner and you know that doing hilly runs is more challenging than running a road race like the London Marathon. These runs will help your endurance so keep up the good work.

    Go forth and run - looks like being better weather on Easter Sunday and Monday.

    I'm right behind you - well maybe not quite behind:-)

    ReplyDelete