Sunday 11 April 2010

Two weeks to go

Had awful toothache last night and thought I might have to make an emergency visit to the dentist. However, the pain died away today and so - with the Marathon just two weeks away - I ventured out for another 13 miles in the hills.

It was a great afternoon to be running - bright and sunny with a cool breeze. Painkillers kept the toothache at bay and probably helped my knees too. A couple of energy gels and a litre of water kept me energised and hydrated and so far I feel fine after my exertions - though the toothache is making a comeback.

I'm planning another five runs before London - a couple of relaxing outings through the woods, a couple of faster road sessions and a longish run probably a week today.

All being well that will see me in good form and ready to beat my 3.40 target on 25 April.

No comments:

Post a Comment